Learning and Sharing
- Project: LOVE 1C13
- Location: Malta
- Category: Environment
- Status: Ongoing
The project aims to promote solidarity and engagement among young people and organizations through volunteering and accessible solidarity activities. By connecting volunteers with existing solidarity projects and activities, the project seeks to strengthen cohesion, democracy, and citizenship in Europe, while addressing societal challenges, promoting social inclusion, and fostering community development.
This project focuses on promoting solidarity as a core value through volunteering and engagement in accessible and high-quality solidarity activities. It leverages existing projects such as Recycled Clothes and Recycled Gardens, along with activities organized by the Children International Centre. The project aims to provide young people with opportunities for personal, educational, social, and professional development, while contributing to European cooperation and raising awareness of its positive impact.
What were the objectives of the Learning and Sharing project?
- Enhance the skills of participants through informal learning and provide recognition and validation of their learning outcomes.
- Maintain an international dimension in the project activities to foster cross-cultural understanding and cooperation.
- Ensure effective dissemination of individual project aspects to maximize their impact and reach.
- Provide young people with easily accessible opportunities for engagement in solidarity activities that contribute to positive societal change, while improving their skills, competences, active citizenship, employability, and transition into the labor market.
- Ensure that the solidarity activities meet high-quality standards, are properly validated, and adhere to the principles of the European Solidarity Corps.
- Promote social inclusion and equal opportunities by implementing special measures to facilitate the participation of young people with fewer opportunities, particularly those facing geographical obstacles.
- Contribute to European cooperation relevant to young people and raise awareness of its positive impact on societal development.
Outcome & Results
Through this project, participants will benefit from engaging in meaningful activities in Malta, learning about local languages, rules, and cultural practices. They will gain a deeper understanding of the cultural, political, and administrative systems and develop valuable connections. Participants will achieve higher standards and receive appropriate documents to validate their accomplishments.
Participating organizations will become familiar with the project’s implementing organization, building trust and establishing a foundation for future collaborations. They will have the opportunity to utilize the new skills and competencies of the volunteers to enhance their own operations and initiatives.
The target groups involved in the various projects, including children, ethnic groups, people in need, and local communities, will benefit from the contributions of the volunteers. The involvement of volunteers will initiate a sustainable process that addresses the identified needs and challenges within these target groups, fostering positive change and community development.